These are the principles – defined by the acronym WEP (Women’s Empowerment Principles) – presented in March 2010 by the UNIFEM (now UN WOMEN) in order to support and promote the equal status of women in the economic world through simple measures and practices to be implemented.
Now you have to spread them.
1. Establish leadership that promotes gender equality.
2. Treat women and men in a fair and fair manner, respecting and supporting human rights and the principle of non-discrimination.
3. Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all workers and employees.
4. Promote the education, training and professional development of women.
5. Implement market and business practices that guarantee female empowerment.
6. Promote equality through advocacy initiatives (communication and public support).
7. Measure and report progress towards gender equality in a transparent manner.